Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Gap Collections Magazine







It is my dream to one day be a fashion psychic. For those of you who want to get technical, I wish to one day be a trend analyzer, but fashion psychic sound a lot more mystical and mysterious; for lots of people , the art of predicting upcoming fashion trends is just that. How else would someone be able to know what will become popular and "in" style wise, especially when they are guided by the look of the runway, which are never meant to be worn straight off of the catwalk anyway?

I understand the frustration and bewilderment; I was once in suspicion of trend analyzers myself. It was like the English professor who seems to have an endless analysis of a super short poem; pulling something out of what seemed like nothing. So because I wanted to learn about analyzing trends, I started watching fashion shows online. Well, as you can imagine, trying to watch every show from every designer is very time consuming, and honestly, I couldn't store every look in my head in order to compare collections and find the trends. When I first heard about Vogue Paris Collections, I felt like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. However, Vogue Paris Collections, or VPC, did not have the space to print every look from every designer like I wanted. So I kept looking. Also, VPC only covers the collections of the four major fashion capitals of the world: Paris, Milan, New York, and London, also having a small section in the back for accessories. I was not only interested in the four major cities, but I wanted to see the collections from Tokyo, Madrid, etc..

Only by chance did I find out about Gap Collections. I was looking online for more information on VPC when I came across someone looking for cheap back issues of Gap Collections. Gap Collections, or GC, are even more expensive than VPC at about $175 for each volume with there being 5+ volumes a season: Paris, Milan, New York/London, Tokyo/Madrid/Barcelona, Accessories, etc.. Because each book focuses mainly on one city, that means more coverage on more of looks from the designers. GC also gives quality closeup photographs, meaning more emphasis and focus on material and quality. This magazine has the appearance and weight of an oversize book; there is no question that GC will stand out in your collection.

xoxo,
September's Love Child

No comments:

Post a Comment