Friday, September 2, 2011

Helloooo September! Out With the Old, In With the New!

I have not been able to post lately, it's been almost a month since my last post. The last time I posted, I was eagerly anticipating the September issue of Vogue featuring Kate Moss. I was so surprised that the issue was not put out on the shelves until late August, August 23rd to be exact, which I think is super late when every other magazine usually releases the newest issues in the beginning of the month. I am even MORE surprised because...we are now anticipating the October issues and I still have not received my SEPTEMBER issues of Vogue or W! I was a late subscriber, subscribing in mid-August, but with a promise that I would receive the September issues, so am I at fault for wanting my issues here before October gets here? Okay, I guess I can cut them some slack. I mean, they are not the only ones slacking off; I received my issues of Elle and Harper's Bazaar two weeks after they hit newsstands. Excuse me, but I actually thought that as a subscriber, I had "first dibs" on the issues, but boy am I wrong. Its seems as if the publishing houses are biting the hands that feed them...I know, I know, magazines survive off of their advertisement sales, not subscriber, but to me, if someone subscribed to my publication, I would go out of my way to make them feel like V.I.Ps. Eh, but that's just me.

So I've come to the realization that I cannot possibly store every magazine published in my room, as much as I organize and reorganize the rest of my stuff to try and make everything fit. So goodbye my stacks of Elle, Harper's Bazaar, and ...wait, I think that's it. I try and think of why I don't need five years worth of Seventeen, Lucky, and Teen Vogue, but these are the magazines that I depend heavily on to dress myself. Sure the high-end fashion magazines have nice clothes in them and their editorial spreads are pretty to look at, but when it comes to inspiration for my daily wear, those "not so luxurious" magazines reach out and help the regular gal like me the most. And after doing so much for me, they have definitely earned a spot forever on my bookshelf.

xoxo,
September's Love Child

No comments:

Post a Comment