Saturday, September 3, 2011

Vogue Russia Collections: Supplement to Vogue Russia September 2010

 
Photo credit: lowefactor.com

Alexander McQueen will always be one of my favorite designers, although he is no longer with us. So of course when I found that Vogue Russia had released a supplement issue to their September 2010 issue combining a McQueen tribute with a collections magazine, I got really excited.I mean, look at the cover! I do not think it too extravagant to say that the last collection designed by McQueen was one of his best ones ever. I remember first falling in love with knee high boots after seeing them in his collection. The boots added to the embroidered, luxurious, rich fabric of the clothes...pure heavenly goodness. But needless to say, that excitement has died down drastically and the reason is definitly not lack of good content. Well, I actually would not be able to tell you if there was good content or not; turns out that international magazines that are sold in the US are transported here without the supplements! That is a big bunch of crap, especially since the supplement are just as good or dare I say sometimes even better than the actual magazine! Well, I guess it's back to global eBay. Grrrr.



And just to rub the salt in my own wound, here is the cover of the collection supplement to the 2011 September issue (photo credit to ebook30.com). I am literally drooling here looking at the color saturated fabric to this look.

xoxo,
Not so happy September's Love Child

No comments:

Post a Comment